Italian Studies students are encouraged to participate in the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) or UCSD's Opportunities Abroad Program (OAP) to complete requirements for the minor. More information about EAP or OAP can be found on the International Center's website, on their Programs Abroad page. You may also contact the Programs Abroad Office at (858) 534-1123 or via email at email@example.com.
Students considering study abroad must meet with the Italian Studies Program Director before going abroad to discuss how study abroad coursework will fulfill requirements for the Italian Studies major or minor. Students should note that:
- courses to be applied toward the major/minor, must be the equivalent of at least four quarter upper-division units at UCSD.
- these courses, must be as academically rigorous as UCSD upper-division courses.
IMPORTANTStudent will need to provide supporting evidence (course descriptions, course syllabi, papers, exams, etc.) of all abroad courses to be applied toward completion of the European Studies minor. Most study abroad coursework will need to be petitioned upon student's return.
Once a student's study abroad course work has transfered s/he will need to follow the steps below to petition his/her abroad courses.
- Fill out an Undergraduate Student Petition [PDF] form for each course.
- Include department course number and course title.
- If abroad transcript has been forwarded to UCSD, attach a copy from TritonLink to the petition. (Students may petition abroad courses pending receipt of official transcript verifying appropriate transfer credits and grade.)
- Student will need to meet with, or email the petition(s) to the Program Director, who will review the petition and course documents (syllabus, papers, and/or exams).
- After the Program Director has approved the Undergraduate Student Petition(s) turn it in to the CAESAR Programs Coordinator.
If you have questions about this process or require assistance with filling out the paperwork please contact the CAESAR Programs Coordinator.