European Studies students are encouraged to participate in the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP), UCSD's Opportunities Abroad Program (OAP), or Global Seminars to complete requirements for the minor. More information about EAP or OAP and the Global Seminars can be found on the Study Abroad UC San Diego website. You may also contact the Study Abroad Office at (858) 534-1123 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students considering study abroad must meet with the European Studies Program Director before going abroad to discuss how study abroad coursework will fulfill requirements for the European Studies Minor. Students should note that:
- courses to be applied toward the minor, must be the equivalent of at least four quarter upper-division units at UCSD.
- these courses, must be as academically rigorous as UCSD upper-division courses.
IMPORTANTStudent will need to provide supporting evidence (course descriptions, course syllabi, papers, exams, etc.) of all abroad courses to be applied toward completion of the European Studies minor. Most study abroad coursework will need to be petitioned upon student's return.
Once your study abroad coursework has transferred, please follow these steps to petition the courses to count for credit toward the minor.
- Fill out an Undergraduate Student Petition [PDF] form for each course.
- Include department course number and course title.
- If abroad transcript has been forwarded to UCSD, attach a copy from StudentLink to the petition. (Students may petition abroad courses pending receipt of official transcript verifying appropriate transfer credits and grade.)
- Student will need to meet with, or email the petition(s) to the Program Director, who will review the petition and course documents (syllabus, papers, and/or exams).
- After the Program Director has approved the Undergraduate Student Petition(s) turn it in to the CAESAR Programs Coordinator.
If you have questions about this process or require assistance with filling out the paperwork please contact the CAESAR Programs Coordinator.